Check our Latest products!
The airport has two terminals, North and South, and is connected by an inter-terminal shuttle 24 hours a day. Another unique feature of the airport is that it is the only airport in London serving airlines from all categories of the airline business such as full service, low budget and charter.
The airport was subjected to developments after 1931 and in 1936 the first terminal was opened along with taxiways and aprons. The airport was officially reopened in the year 1956 after serving as a Royal Air Force Base during the war. It was developed into a modern facility with a 2000ft runway and a terminal with a rail station. Below are a few guidelines that will help you enjoy to your transit at Gatwick.
• Transport: There are plenty of coaches and regular trains, including the Gatwick Express which transfers passengers to the city from the airport. The Gatwick Express runs every 15 minutes and it takes about 30 minutes to reach central London. Both terminals have access to licensed taxi services. The National Express takes passengers from Gatwick to Victoria Station in about 90 minutes. Alternatively the airport also provides cheap long term and short term parking.
• Facilities: Both terminals are equipped with all basic facilities. Amenities for disabled passengers, infants, restrooms and currency exchange are present at both terminals. The airport also has a multi faith prayer room, a conference and business centre and a paid passenger lounge.
• Airport Lounges: The lounge at Gatwick can be accessed for a price of 18 pounds. These lounges are home to luxury facilities, free Wi-Fi, movie screens, free food and drink and spas.
• Shopping at Gatwick: The two terminals offer a wide variety of shops. The outlets at Gatwick offer everything from designer labels to familiar high street products. Passengers can avail cosmetics, sunglasses, perfumes, travel accessories and a wide range of tobacco and alcohol at offer prices.
• Eat-Outs: For pre-flight refuelling options, Gatwick has everything from coffee bars to multi cuisine restaurants.
• Internet Services: Passengers get 15 minutes of free Wi-Fi after which they can recharge between 30-90 minutes. Wired Internet Kiosks and printing facilities are available throughout and are chargeable.
• Hotels Near Gatwick: Several accommodation options are available in close proximity to the airport. The south terminal is located at 2 minutes walk from the Hilton and the north terminal is connected to The Sofitel Hotel through a secluded walkway. Other hotels close to the airport are The Holiday Inn, Courtyard, Crowne Plaza and Ramada Plaza.[ad_2]
write by Justin Fernandes