Check our Latest products!
For the graduate who happens to be a fashionista, an engraved pen just isn’t going to cut it in the gift department. Whether graduating from high school or college, she needs a gift that will feed her passion for fashion. And after all those years of hard work in school, doesn’t she deserve it? So grab a pen (engraved or not) and take some notes: here are the top ten gift ideas as chosen by fashion school grads. And if anyone knows how to shop, they do.
1. Designer sunglasses. Graduating raises one’s cool quotient, so a great pair of shades to bask in the glow of achievement is the perfect gift. Select classic aviators or oversized frames; they never seem to go out of style.
2. Fashionable movies and TV shows. If your graduate has spent the last few years hitting the books, she may have missed some movies and television shows. Help her catch up with DVDs that are practically required viewing in fashion school, like all the seasons of “Sex and the City,” “The Devil Wears Prada,” and “Gossip Girl.”
3. Tiffany jewelry. Okay, some people are just compelled to buy something engraved as a graduation gift, so it might as well be something from Tiffany. Just make sure it’s a piece of jewelry, like a charm bracelet or necklace – not a pen.
4. Designer handbag. Warning: step away from the attaché case. A fashionista does not carry a briefcase. She wants a designer handbag with original tags. Whether she’s heading to sorority rush or a job interview, she relies on her handbag to make a big first impression.
5. Weekend luggage. Your graduate will be traveling a lot more now, either to visit home or to travel on business, so help her do it in style with killer luggage. Avoid the generic black suitcase, lest she be one of the unfortunates who must tie a red ribbon around the handle to identify it at baggage claim.
6. A color consultation. If your graduate is all about fashion design, she probably has an inkling of her best colors already. Still, a gift certificate for a consultation with a color expert will bring new shades to her color palette, especially as she enters a new phase in her life. Besides, it will be a blast.
7. Laptop case. Your fashion plate graduate will need something to take her laptop to school or work, but she doesn’t want to look like a geek. Good news: now you can buy her one of the latest crop of laptop cases that don’t even look like they’re for computers. They look like chic little handbags, so she’ll rock the classroom or boardroom in style.
8. Laundry kit. True, this gift is a bit on the practical side, but a fashionista’s got to wear clean clothes. Purchase a laundry bag or hamper and fill it with a box of laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener and a roll of quarters. Better yet, buy her a washer and dryer.
9. Luxurious bedding. The well-dressed grad also needs a well-dressed first apartment or dorm room. 500 thread-count-sheets and duvet covers of Egyptian cotton will wrap your graduate in comfort every night, so she’ll dream sweetly of runway shows and sample sales.
10. Stock in a fashion company. Does your graduate love one particular fashion design brand or store that is publicly traded on the stock exchange? If so, consider giving stock in the company as a gift. You don’t have to spend a fortune buying up shares, either. You can buy just one share of companies like Gap, Polo Ralph Lauren, Coach, and Abercrombie & Fitch from online brokers who specialize in these gift transactions. Your graduate even gets a stock certificate to frame.
With one of these fashion-oriented presents, your graduate is sure to give you an A+ in gift-giving.[ad_2]
write by Michael