Check our Latest products!
The question of why the gap has been closed in international basketball is a pressing one. The United States once dominated international and Olympic play. Those days are gone as our coaching structure leaves a lot to be desired. The quality of our coaching has deteriorated, therefore other countries have made great progress due to a motivated coaching movement. Coaching certification for basketball coaches was once just a topic for discussion. It has become an urgent topic and must be seriously be considered by the United States coaching community.
This article addresses the benefits of a coaching certification. Following the lead of countries such as Canada and the UK, the following list represents a good reason for us to follow.
12 Benefits of a Basketball Coach Certification program
- By becoming certified you will increase your knowledge of the game of basketball.
- You will immediately be part of a small group of certified trainers to facilitate your learning and application of the game. Your knowledge will be sought by other coaches.
- Certification will prepare you to run your own training program or youth basketball camps.
- A comprehensive learning approach with a classroom setting and on floor setting will enhance your learning curve.
- 12 hours of learning will equal the amount of learning gained in several coaching clinics.
- Can be completed in a 2 or 3 day period to fit your schedule and other responsibilities.
- You can add references to your resume to grow your coaching network.
- Your will gain access to hundreds of coaching contacts in high school, college and NBA basketball.
- You will begin to compile your coaching philosophy in your own “Black Book” of coaching.
- You will demonstrate initiative and enhance job prospects.
- For the cost on ONE Nike clinic you will exposed to every part of the game from a teaching and philosophical standpoint.
- You will develop your own coaching philosophy, techniques and methods of teaching the game.
The main step to take in this process has to come from those in leadership roles. The National Association of Basketball Coaches, the NBA, the NCAA, and the thousands of coaching associations around the country must all embrace this effort toward improving basketball coaching. Until we do our game will continue to struggle for identify and quality.
write by Harding